Saturday, October 20, 2007

24-Hour Art Challenge

Last night was the 24-Hour Art Challenge at the Savannah College of Art and Design and it turned out to be a lot of fun and very educational! I wasn't able to attend until about 6pm on Friday (it ran from Friday 10am to Saturday 10am) so my 24-Hours was more like twelve, not including a couple of hours helping students. I took on the animation department's challenge and tried my hand at making a maquette. I've never done one before so it was rather hard at first. The armature was difficult to match to what you wanted the final product to look like. I believe my biggest mistake has been on the kneepads. The legs are proportional but due to the placement on the kneepads they appear skewed. I'll know better next time. Using sculpey turned out to be the easiest, but most time consuming, part of the maquette. I plan on finishing it this December once Fall quarter is over. Take a look at where twelve hours left me on the project! It's the main character from my "8th Day" storyline... or will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment